Friday, April 25, 2008

Cloverfield (2008)

DVD Movie Store



Great on the big screen,

April 24, 2008
By Adam (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Cloverfield tends to be met with mixed reviews, but all in all I thought it was a great movie. It is essentially the journey of four New Yorkers through a Manhattan that is under attack by a Godzilla-like monster, taken from the perspective of a handheld camcorder that is carried with. While the actors are far from well known, I feel that it gave the film a genuine feel. Seeing Brad Pitt running around just doesn't make it feel real, honestly. Some people were not fans of the camcorder, as it tends to get a little wild during action sequences, but I think its usage made the film truly unique. It's filmed nearly as live-action--that is, it's like watching your own home video, except with a monster frolicking around.

I definitely recommend this movie. I will say, though, that it is far better to watch in the theaters or on a big screen TV with surround sound. If you're watching it for the first time, a 13-inch TV just doesn't draw you in as well.

No comments: